Sponsored by: Jonathan Kemp Horticulture
BEAUTIFUL GARDENS DESIGNED By People Who Understand Plants
These are some of the garden or horticultural jobs you should consider doing during the current month.
• Prune wisteria and summer-flowering shrubs.
• Collect seed from your favourite plants and take cuttings from houseplants.
• Feed soil with green manures.
• Plant new strawberry plants and cut the leaves of existing plants to within 3” of the crown. Burn the leaves and peg healthy-looking runners.
• Prune summer-fruiting raspberries, gooseberries, redcurrants, and blackcurrants.
• Make sure greenhouse plants don’t get scorched in hot weather by painting relevant panes of glass with white emulsion to create shade.
• You can also damp down the floor of the greenhouse to increase humidity.
• Clean out any empty water butts.
• Don’t delay summer pruning fruits trained as restricted forms
• Deadhead flowering plants regularly
• Watering! – particularly containers, and new plants, preferably with grey recycled water or stored rainwater
• Harvest sweetcorn and other vegetables as they become ready
• Continue cutting out old fruited canes on raspberries
• Lift and pot up rooted strawberry runners
• Keep ponds and water features topped up
• Feed the soil with green manures
Click this link https://caltrics.com/DWHKLP81CV for more information and to see other related events.
See popular calendars at https://caltrics.com
All Rights Reserved – Caltrics Ltd.
Available for Google Calendar, Android, Apple OSX, iPhone/iPad, and Outlook