Sponsored by: Jonathan Kemp Horticulture
BEAUTIFUL GARDENS DESIGNED By People Who Understand Plants
These are some of the garden or horticultural jobs you should consider doing during the current month.
• Check clematis for signs of clematis wilt (rapid wilting of stems, and black discolouration of leaves and stalks) and cut back affected stems.
• Deadhead flowering plants (including aquatic ones), to ensure continuous flowering.
• Keep up your daily watering and regular feeding of greenhouse and other potted plants.
• Keep an eye out for signs of whitefly (yellowing and disfigured leaves) and red spider mites (mottled, yellowing leaves with brown speckles) and use a biological control if necessary.
• Give your lawn a boost with a quick-acting summer feed, especially if it didn’t have a spring feed.
• Summer-prune apple and pear trees.
• Put straw under strawberry plants to keep the fruit off the soil and to prevent botrytis (grey mould). If you spot it, remove all infected fruits. Remember not to put them on the compost as this will spread the problem.
• If you have a pond, keep water levels topped up. Clean pumps and filters to remove any weeds and other debris.
• Take advantage of dry weather and give fences, sheds and other woodwork a coat of paint or preserver.
• Check Clematis for signs of Clematis wilt
• Care for houseplant while on holiday
• Water tubs and new plants if dry, but be water-wise
• Deadhead bedding plants and repeat-flowering perennials, to ensure continuous flowering
• Pick courgettes before they become marrows
• Treat apple scab
• Clear algae, blanket weeds and debris from ponds, and keep them topped up
• Order catalogues for next year’s spring-flowering bulbs
• Give the lawn a quick-acting summer feed, especially if not given a spring feed
• Harvest apricots, peaches and nectarines
Click this link https://caltrics.com/3GFCJMH8DL for more information and to see other related events.
See popular calendars at https://caltrics.com
All Rights Reserved – Caltrics Ltd.
Available for Google Calendar, Android, Apple OSX, iPhone/iPad, and Outlook